After market update – Markets end lower on Indo-Pak tensions
The benchmark indices ended lower on February 26, after Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted air strikes on a terror camp across the Line of Control (LoC) in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). The Sensex slipped by 0.66% or 239.67 points to 35973.71. The Nifty fell by 0.41% or 44.80 points to 10835.30.
Market breadth was in favour of declines with an advance-decline ratio of 1:2.
After market update – Strong start to the week, Nifty near 10900
The benchmark indices resumed rally on positive global cues amid sharp gains in Infosys, TCS, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and ITC. The Sensex rose by 0.95% or 341.90 points at 36213.38. The Nifty surged by 0.82% or 88.45 points at 10880.10.
TCS, Grasim Industries, Yes Bank, Infosys and UltraTech Cement were top gainers on the Nifty, while Adani Ports, Bharti Infratel, BPCL, HPCL and Zee Entertainment were amongst the top losers.
Market breadth was in favour of advances with an advance-decline ratio of 3:2.
1. Shilpa Medicare received USFDA nod for Gemcitabine Injection, used to treat cancer.
2. GST rates on under-construction houses cut to 5% from 12%.
3. Tata Elxsi collaborates with Portuguese company, NOS for digital operations solutions.
Buzzing stocks on BSE
1. JBM Auto rose by 2.66% to Rs.270 after company acquired major shareholding in Linde-Wiemann.
2. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone declined by 8.26% to Rs. 324.85, after Adani Logistics, a unit of Adani Ports and SEZ announced that it would acquire Adani Agri Logistics from Adani Enterprises in an all-cash deal.
Asian stock markets ended with gains while the European stocks traded higher on February 25 on optimism after US President Donald Trump announced an extension to tariff hikes on Chinese imports due on March 1.
⇓ Subscribe here to get daily update[jetpack_subscription_form show_only_email_and_button=”true” custom_background_button_color=”#362e77″ custom_text_button_color=”#ffffff” submit_button_text=”Subscribe” submit_button_classes=”wp-block-button__link has-text-color has-white-color has-background has-dark-blue-background-button-color” show_subscribers_total=”false” ]
After market update – Second session of gains, Nifty reclaims 10800 intra-day
The benchmark indices moved in narrow range throughout the day on February 22, amid mixed Asian markets. The Sensex was down by 0.07% or 26.87 points to 35871.48. The Nifty was up by 0.02% or 1.80 points to 10791.70.
Oil marketing companies gained in trade today as crude prices slipped.
Market breadth was in favour of advances with an advance-decline ratio of at 4:2.