Indian stock market ended marginally lower on Febaruary 15, led by a decline in HDFC, HDFC Bank, Sun Pharma and Axis Bank. The Sensex was down by 0.19% or 67.27 points to 35808.95. The Nifty fell by 0.20% or 21.60 points to 10724.40.
Benchmark indices erased all their gains in the last hour on February 13, weighed by RIL, L&T, ICICI Bank and State Bank of India. The Sensex ended just above 36000 while Nifty closed below 10800. The Sensex declined by 0.33% or 119.51 points to 36034.11. The Nifty fell by 0.35% or 37.75 points to 10793.70.
Majority of the sectoral indices closed in red except IT, Realty and Technology.
Market breadth was in favour of declines with an advance-decline ratio of 1:2.
The benchmark indices ended lower on February 11, weighed by automobiles and pharmaceutical stocks. Reliance Industries, M&M, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, SBI, L&T, ITC, Bajaj Finance, ONCG and HUL dragged the indices, while HDFC Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tata Steel and Infosys ended in green. The 30-share Sensex fell by 0.41% or 151.45 points to close at 36395.03, while the 50-share Nifty slipped by 0.50% or 54.80 points to 10888.80.
Market breadth was in favour of declines with an advance-decline ratio of 2:5.
Indian local indices plunged sharply on February 8, as risk appetite dwindled on worries over ongoing trade spat between the US and China amid concerns over global economic health after European Commission slashed GDP forecasts for Eurozone. The Sensex fell by 1.15% or 424.61 points to 36546.48 . The Nifty declined by 1.14% or 123.80 points to 10,943.60.
1. Excel Crop Care Q3 net profit fell by 81.3% y-o-y to Rs.24 crore.
2. Marksans Pharma net profit rose by 44% y-o-y to Rs.25 crore.
3. VIP Industries net profit fell by 11.4% y-o-y to Rs.23.8 crore.
4. AIA Engineering rose by 11% y-o-y to Rs.129 crore.
Buzzing stocks on BSE
1. Tata Motors lost 14.9% at Rs 155.65 at 09:18 IST on BSE after the company reported consolidated net loss of Rs 26992.54 crore in Q3 December 2018 as compared to net profit of Rs 1198.63 crore in Q3 December 2017.
2. Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company fell 1.21% to Rs 146.50 at 10:01 IST on BSE after the company received a demand order worth Rs 46.04 crore for payment of Service Tax.
3. Shipping Corporation of India jumped 6.65% to Rs 40.10 at 11:12 IST on BSE after net profit surged 119.72% to Rs 180.54 crore on 25.02% rise in total income to Rs 1237.30 crore in Q3 December 2018 over Q3 December 2017.
Asian stock markets tumbled on February 08, after President Donald Trump said he doesn’t plan to meet Chinese leader Xi Jinping before a tariffs truce ends in March.
European stocks traded mixed as investors await developments in US-China trade talks.
Benchmark indices jumped after the RBI cut the repo rate but shed all of its gains soon on profit-booking in to end on a flat note. The Sensex was down by 0.01% or 4.14 points to 36971.09. The Nifty rose by 0.06% or 6.95 points to 11069.40.
Market breadth was in favour of advances with an advance-decline ratio of 3:2.
Zee Entertainment, Sun Pharma, Eicher Motors, Bharti Infratel and Bajaj Auto were the top gainers on the Nifty, while JSW Steel, Reliance Industries, L&T, Hindalco and Power Grid were the top losers.