The benchmark indices ended lower on February 11, weighed by automobiles and pharmaceutical stocks. Reliance Industries, M&M, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, SBI, L&T, ITC, Bajaj Finance, ONCG and HUL dragged the indices, while HDFC Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Tata Steel and Infosys ended in green. The 30-share Sensex fell by 0.41% or 151.45 points to close at 36395.03, while the 50-share Nifty slipped by 0.50% or 54.80 points to 10888.80.
Market breadth was in favour of declines with an advance-decline ratio of 2:5.
[jetpack_subscription_form show_only_email_and_button=”true” custom_background_button_color=”#362e77″ custom_text_button_color=”#ffffff” submit_button_text=”Subscribe” submit_button_classes=”wp-block-button__link has-text-color has-white-color has-background has-dark-blue-background-button-color” show_subscribers_total=”false” ]
Stocks in the news
1. Eicher Motors Q3 consolidated net profit rose by 2.4% y-o-y to Rs 533 crore
2. Motherson Sumi Systems Q3 net profit rose by 6.7% y-o-y to Rs.389 crore.
3. India Cements Q3 net profit slipped by 79.6% y-o-y to Rs.3.1 crore.
4. Spicejet Q3 net profit falls by 77% y-o-y to Rs.55 crore.
Buzzing stocks on BSE
1. Tata Steel rose by 2.20% to Rs. 479.90, after the consolidated net profit rose by 54.33% to Rs. 1753.07 crore in Q3FY19.
2. KRBL fell by 10.64% to Rs. 322, after the consolidated net profit declined by 12.82% to Rs 107.22 crore in Q3FY2019.
3. Sun TV Network surged by 10.10% to Rs. 573.15, after the net profit rose by 31.60% to Rs. 351.33 crore in Q3FY2019.
Asian stock markets ended on a mixed note on February 11, 2019 as traders await developments in trade talks between American and Chinese officials in Beijing later this week.
European stock markets rallied on hopes of resolution between the US and China on trade front at meeting between officials later this week.
To See more coprorate updates Click here…