Benchmark indices rallied in the last hour and extended their gains for the third day. Reliance Industries, ONGC, Bajaj Auto, TCS and Kotak Mahindra Bank were the top gainers on the Sensex, while Yes Bank, Power Grid, NTPC, Sun Pharma and M&M were the top losers. The Sensex rose by 0.31% or 113.31 points to 36582.74. The Nifty surged by 0.17% or 18.60 points at 10912.30.
Market breadth was in favour of declines with an advance-decline ratio of 1:3
[jetpack_subscription_form show_only_email_and_button=”true” custom_background_button_color=”#362e77″ custom_text_button_color=”#ffffff” submit_button_text=”Subscribe” submit_button_classes=”wp-block-button__link has-text-color has-white-color has-background has-dark-blue-background-button-color” show_subscribers_total=”false” ]
Stocks in the news
1. Bajaj Auto January sales surged by 15% y-o-y to 4.07 lakh units
2. Tata Motors domestic sales declined by 10% y-o-y to 58,185 units
3. Insecticides (India) Q3 net profit rose by 75.2% y-o-y to Rs. 16.9 crore
4. GSK Pharma Q3 net profit increased by 26% y-o-y to Rs. 113 crore
5. Welspun India Q3 net profit slipped by 37% y-o-y to Rs. 50 crore
Buzzing stocks on BSE
1. Titan Company surged by 3.40% to Rs. 1,025, after consolidated net profit rose by 43.49% to Rs. 413.19 crore in Q3FY2019.
2. Reliance Communications tumbled by 34.31% to Rs. 7.62, after the company sought debt resolution plan through the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
3. Divi’s Laboratories rose by 5.63% to Rs. 1618, after net profit rose by 67% to Rs. 379 crore in Q3FY2019.
Asian stock markets traded mixed on February 04, amid speculation over next steps in the dispute between the US and China over technology development, and trade following meetings in Washington last week.
European stock markets were slightly lower, as market participants kept a close eye on a series of corporate results.
To See more coprorate updates Click here…